Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 0: On the Rails

Day: 0, June 21, 2009
Start: Olympia
Finish: Broadway Inn, Eugene, OR
Miles: 3
Elevation: na
Avg Speed: na
Ride Time: na
Calories Burned: na

Weather: cool, cloudy, windy, mid-60's


Route: We rode Amtrak

Cool Stuff:
1. David's bike looks great. Very nice job Bill Stevenson. The candy apple red paint looks good too.
2. Chatting with the sorta drunk lady in the club car. We got all sorts of route advice, none of which will be put to use, but she was having fun and so were we.

Lesson’s Learned:
1. Weight still matters.
2. Need to check straps before riding.
3. Keep tent poles in tube.
4. Wi-Fi with Palm on secure wireless LANs sucks.
5. Our route to Dorena looks good according to semi-tooted lady in the Dining Car.

Palaver: David and I are very excited. Today was a great beginning. At home before I left, we celebrated fathers day in style with BBQ 'd salmon, cheesy orzo, and watermelon. I got a bunch of instant Starbucks to support the caffiene habit on the road. Thanks Paula and kids. Hope all is well back home and everything goes smoothly in my absence. Time for bed, I didn't get much sleep last night.



 David, Rose, Paula, Amy, Bill

 



         Oly Depot                  


                                                                 Bikes in the baggage car


Home Sweet Home, Eugene Motel

No comments:

Post a Comment