Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Good Luck Pops...

My name is Amy Liechty and I am the daughter of Bill Liechty. In the coming days my father and his riding partner, David Middleton, plan to bike through Washington, Oregon and California. After reaching California, Dad will take the train to Nebraska where he will meet Byron and Pat Zarp, hop across the border to Iowa and begin his second RAGBRAI. I made this blog for Dad to doccument his exploits as he treks across the country.

A few summers ago, I sat beside Dad in our garden as we slurped raw oysters and spoke with a family friend. Dad told the friend something Abraham Lincoln once said, "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." I believe Dad has put an awful lot of life in his years and I hope the next few weeks are more of the same. Best of luck, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment