
Day: Day -1
Start: Home
Finish: Home
Miles: 41.5
Elevation: 2000
Avg Speed: 9.75
Ride Time: 4.25 hours
Weather: upper 60's-mid 70's with frequent rain squalls
Route: Up Bordeaux with full pack.
Cool Stuff: This was my second outing with the new Bruce Gordon loaded with a full complement of touring equipment. I think my weight without water was ~55 lbs, way more than I'd like, but will be difficult to pare down.
Lesson’s Learned:
1. Need to fine tune the rear derailleur.
2. I am in decent form (sure hope I don't regret that statement!).
3. The SPD's worked well, but going clipless is not nearly as efficient.
4. Nate's booties are the bomb.
5. Weight matters!

Palaver: So the departure date draws neigh and I am consumed with last minutes stuff. Paula thinks I am obsessing, but this part is almost as much fun as riding. I definitely feel well prepared. My riding buddy, David just got his bike today, so that is a huge relief. After the ride I spent a couple of hours futzing with the BG and I pronounce her ready to roll.

No comments:
Post a Comment